近來，氣候變遷的速度加快，在全球各地帶來不少的衝擊及損害，加速實踐並改變氣候變遷的行動，已是勢在必行。今年第 26 屆聯合國氣候變遷大會（COP26），更以「金融」為主軸，期待動員金融力量加速推動全球零碳轉型經濟。
The pace of climate change has quickened recently. It's having a significant impact and has caused significant damage in locations throughout the world, making it imperative that we speed up action to combat climate change. The 26th UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) has made the role of finance a key theme in the hope of mobilizing financial power to spur a more rapid transition to a global net-zero carbon emissions economy.
We not only aspire to do good ourselves, but also to inspire others to do so as well.
Since Cathay Financial Holdings began organizing climate change forums in 2017, each year we have invited renowned foreign and local opinion leaders, and experts from industry, government, and academia to jointly explore important trends and practices in sustainability and climate change action. In 2020, the listed companies who participated accounted for 70% of Taiwan's stock market value, and 40% of its total carbon emissions.
The 2021 Cathay Sustainable Finance and Climate Change Summit will be conducted online. The theme of the morning session will be sustainable finance. The focus will be on the important international trends revealed by business data, and how companies can fulfill their sustainability goals and corporate purpose. The afternoon session's theme will be climate change. In view of the global consensus on the need to achieve net-zero emissions, we will guide participants in learning from pioneers and understanding best practices by sharing Taiwan's challenges and strategies on its own path to net-zero carbon emissions.
We believe that when more Taiwanese enterprises join in to implement needed change and fulfill their corporate purpose, it will reinforce collective influence and build momentum for sustainability. Besides using speeches and interdisciplinary dialog to analyze action plans for Taiwanese enterprises, we're calling for more businesses to focus on a sustainable mission and actually take aggressive action. Cathay Financial Holdings and its subsidiaries hope to invite more businesses to join the effort by placing greater stress on ESG and responding to climate change, doing their part to ease the global climate crisis.
We cordially invite you to attend and join us in building a sustainable future.
Matters to note
This year's Summit is organized jointly with the Taiwan Stock Exchange, and attendance can be counted as continuing education credits for directors and supervisors, with three hours of credit for the morning session and three hours of credit for the afternoon session.
一、 活動單位因舉辦「2021 國泰永續金融暨氣候變遷高峰論壇」(以下簡稱「本活動」)，為宣傳、報名、聯繫(含提供論壇場地資訊、服務細節確認及通知等)、製作線上入場二維識別碼(QR Code)、統計與研究分析、後續報導及其他活動訊息提供等需求、履行法定義務、契約義務、其他依法令許可目的，及訴訟、非訟、仲裁或其他紛爭解決事件之處理(以下合稱「蒐集目的」)，得於前開特定目的存續期間、相關法令規定、執行業務所必須之保存期間或為維護您相關權益之期間(以孰後屆至者為準)內，供活動單位、因前開蒐集目的之作業需要受活動單位委託或合作處理事務廠商(如:天下雜誌)及依法有權機關(構)(如:臺灣證交所)與金融監理機關，以自動化機器或非自動化之利用方式，於前揭利用對象之國內及國外所在地，依法蒐集、處理、利用及國際傳輸您提供之姓名、任職資訊【公司/單位名稱、部門、職稱、公司聯絡方式(包括 電話號碼、E-mail)】、個人聯絡方式(包括 電話號碼、E-mail)。
1. The organizers of the 2021 Cathay Sustainable Finance and Climate Change Summit (hereafter, "the Event") may, for the purposes of conducting publicity, handling registration, performing communications (including provision of information about the Event's venue, service details, and notifications), producing QR Codes for online admission, compiling statistics and conducting research analysis, providing follow-up reports and other information about the Event as needed, fulfilling statutory obligations or contractual obligations, pursuing other objectives as allowed under the law, or attending to litigious or non-litigious or arbitration or other means of dispute resolution (hereafter referred to collectively as "collection purposes") may during the period when the aforementioned objectives are being pursued, the period when relevant laws and regulations apply, the retention period required by the conduct of operations, or the period to protect your related rights and interests (whichever is the latest shall apply), provide the Event Organizers, vendors commissioned by the Event Organizers in order to perform operations required for the aforementioned collection purposes or to collaboratively handle such operations (for example, CommonWealth Magazine), institutions (organizations) that are legally entitled (for example, the Taiwan Stock Exchange) and financial regulatory agencies, using automated machinery or non-automated means in domestic or overseas locations of the aforementioned materials to collect, process, use, and internationally transmit the family and given name you provide, occupational information (company, operating unit name, department, title, company contact information—including telephone number, e-mail), and personal contact information (including telephone number, e-mail).
2. During the time when the Event Organizers possess your personal information, you may in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act, exercise the following rights:
3. You may freely select whether or not to provide your personal information or exercise the rights described above. However, if you select not to provide your personal information, provide insufficient information; or engage in fraudulent use, misappropriation, or false representations; or request deletion of said information and cessation of collection, processing, or use of personal information, you may as a result be unable to participate in the Event.
4. You agree to grant a permanent license without compensation to the Event Organizers to record audio and video of your participation in this event (including of your likeness—including photographs and video—voice, and other related material, referred to below as "the Image") for publicity purposes, documentation of the event, and related matters within the scope of this event, and to grant a license without compensation to the Event Organizers to edit, reproduce, modify, publicly issue, publicly distribute, publicly display, publicly screen, and disseminate the Image in print, online, and electronic media, or any other broadcast media.
5. Should you have any questions regarding your rights or interests, please contact the Event Organizers or the CommonWealth Group's customer service:
I have read and understand the above content. I consent to the Event Organizers collecting, processing, internationally transmitting, and using my personal information, and authorize the use of my likeness. I hereby submit the registration information.